Is there anyone here who doesn't believe dinosaurs ever existed?

I think the evidence for them is overwhelming, and I was shocked to find out some people still don't believe they existed. What is your reasoning for not believing? Do you think they are a human hoax? Do you think God put them there to "test your faith"? How do you explain fossils? Is this pretty much a Christian thing (I know most Christians do believe they existed, but some don't), or do other religions not believe in them too?

metalcowgirl34

Asked by metalcowgirl34 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• one of the churches i went to as a kid, this was taught! there was a point in time where i thought dinosaurs were just a fabrication made by scientists to make the Christian faith look wrong. but my parents set me straight (they were never as strict as the churches we went to) after my 2nd grade teacher asked them about it.

im so glad we didnt stay at that church very long!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I saw a great show on History once, about ancient cultures thinking dinosaur bones were giants. Like mammoth skulls were cyclops, etc. It was neat, seeing how the perception of the bones changed thru the years. But yes lol, I believe they existed (but I think they were dragons...but that's a story for another time!!)
    Anonymous

• Wow, I have never heard that. Now I do know alot of chrisians believe they walked the earth the same time as Adam and Eve...now that part I do not believe..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Check out this video (yes, it is serious). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__xh7kSuObc
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I watched the video, and all I can say is "Wow". I can not imagine anyone who would actually believe that dinosaurs are a huge liberal conspiracy concocted by scientists to disprove God.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I heard about that, I dunno I can honestly say that I'm a Christian, but come on, Jesus did not play with the dinosaurs. Sorry, not trying to stomp on anybody's beliefs, but I was so into dinosaurs as a kid that it just shocks me to still hear in 2009 that people don't believe dinosaurs came before us.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 6:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I saw the video, Dinos are not in the bible because the printing press was invented in the 1400's, when the bible went into mass production,and the first fossil was not discovered until the 1800's... My theory is cavemen and dinos walked the earth and became extinct many years before Adam and Eve..if they are were even real ?????

I am still on the fence about God / evolution
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• satan put the fossils on the earth so people would stray away from god..
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• oh please there is prove there where dinosaurs here grow up people
    Anonymous

• LOL necro......no, GOD did, to test their faith!
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009