Do you guys prefer digital scrapbooking or regular scrapboooking??

I want to start making scrapbooks because I have thousands of pictures of my daughter and love how the scrapbook pages look unique and adorable. I just don't know if I should buy an expensive software program and do it digital or buy all the cute kits and do it where its 3D on the page and I can put my own writing and stuff. Just wondering what you guys think!

Thanks!

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I don't do it digital, Scrapbooking really wouldn't be scrapbooking if you didn't do it yourself. I want to be able to look back and see how I decorated these books.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I do both. What I normally do, is I use an editing program, then post them on picturetrail.com, and order the pictures I like, then I add the 3D boarders with the scrap book kits.
    Anything else, like words, etc. I use colored prinitng paper for.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Normal, I like being able to be creative, use my imagination and make it unique..mistakes and all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I only do digital and I am 100 times more creative on the computer. The few pages I made from paper were crap and utterly boring. For one I could never afford the stuff I wanted to use and, two, because everything cost so much I was terrified of screwing up and wasting items I paid a lot for. Then there was the fact that I had no where to store the stuff, no where to work on it and had small children that thought it was fun to color all over a $.50 piece of paper and play with sharp tools.
    Digital is much easier, cheaper and neater. The first year I bought nothing. I happened to have a photo editing program I used (most are around $75-$99). Every thing I used on the page I got for free online. I've been scrapping for 3 years and still probably have spent a fraction of what I did just to get started paper scrapping years ago. I also have a tablet for my PC that lets me add my own handwriting.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:35 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• You can check my pictures on my page if you want to see all my digital pages I've created. I've been told several times from people that they didn't realize the page was digital until they read the credits because they looked so realistic.

Big bonus: I scrap 8x8 and print at home and stick in a book for the kids. If they mess up the page all I have to do is reprint it. The kids love to look at their books. Now I have hundreds of dollars worth of paper stuff that I don't know what to do with. I'll probably give it to the kids to color and cut up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:36 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I do both, I love the ease and convenience of digital but also the creativity of regular scrap booking!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:58 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• I havnt updated my sons scrap book in 2 years now!I kinda get behind so when I finally decide to do it its MUCH easier to go digital!scrapblog.com is an awsome site to create beautiful pages in minutes,super easy and mostly free.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 11:37 AM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It''s really up to you I personal like doing it myself I think it looks more personal.
    alisalamb

Answer by alisalamb at 1:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009