A friend of mine was in a physical fight with her boyfriend who just got out of jail. She called me but refused to go to the hospital or call the police. I called my mother because I was at work and could not leave to help her. She still refused to go to the hospital with my mom but my mom called the parole officer and the police. Do you think I was wrong for trying to help her?

akishae

Asked by akishae at 6:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• You were not wrong. She needs your strength. Only weak women allow a man to continue to abuse her.
    MamaDiane

Answer by MamaDiane at 6:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No you were not wrong and I hope that she realizes that you are a good friend.
    Anonymous

• nope. Looks like he didn't spend enough time locked up.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 6:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would never do that to my friend. You must have never been there before? Trying to help her is fine but what you did was wrong unless she wanted you to. It's not your business and it's not your life that you and your mom just drastically changed.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 6:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• And yes I know it was the guy who started this and fucked up by hurting her friend.
    thisloveofmine

• y would u b wrong for tryin to help? u did do the right thing. and he still deserves jail time the asshole should be shot for hitting a woman.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't think you were wrong, I think you were the one thinking clearly enough to realize she was in danger even if she didn't, more women should have friends like you. Who knows, you may have saved her from serious harm.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• thats what friends are for and you did the right thing. she might be refusing help because she's scared or may be in denial. if she gets mad at you or whatever dont take it to heart. better to get police involved and have her checked out, than ignore it
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You did the right thing. Abused women refuse to help themselves out of fear. Calling the authorities was the right thing to do. I'm glad your mom did it. One day your friend will thank you for it

Answer by admckenzie at 6:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Why do you feel it was wrong?

This is your friend you are suppose to help her out, that guy will eventually do something worse if she doesn't help herself soon. She is being stubborn you need to get her some help quick but the bad thing about this is if she doesn't want any help than you cannot help. That sux.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009