What should I expect for prenatal care?

I was pregnent with my daugter 7 years ago, and now have number 2 on the way, have things changed much in the prenatal care since then?

ccspiratemama

Asked by ccspiratemama at 6:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A lot of that depends on whether you hire an OB, a CNM, or a CPM (LM). It also depends on your wishes for your pregnancy and care and where you live. Obviously, it's all your choice what tests and what not you agree to, but typically you'll be asked if you want a screening done to test for abnormalities, you'll be offered a 20 week ultrasound to check anomolies and find out gender if you wish, you'll be offered a gestational diabetes test around 7 months and if you have a negative blood type and your spouse is positive you'll be given a rogham shot.

Typically you'll give a urine culture and take weight and blood pressure readings at each visit, which I'm sure you did last time. Other than that, I can't really think of what else may be offered. :)
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 10:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i had my son 5 years ago and no it hasnt changed i even am in a diff state then i was whe i was pregnant with him and it is still the same
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009