How do i get my 1 year old to sleep though the night?

I daughter wakes up every night to feed once or twice a night. How can I stop this?

JeHernandez29

Asked by JeHernandez29 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I run around the house with my daughter and husband, chasing, hiding, rolling around, etc. Then I give her a bath with that night time bath soap, and lotion her up. Shes so worn out that she rarely gets out of bed. If that don't work try putting her down with or with out a night light.
    ShesaWilld1

Answer by ShesaWilld1 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Have her run around a few hours before bed so she gets tired. Before she goes to bed comfort her, read, sing, rub her belly or back, stroke her hair, or try playing soft music.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 7:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can also turn on the tv, and turn it off when(if) she goes to sleep.
    MammaBella

• Routine, routine, routine! And Mamma had a bunch of good suggestions. Keep her up and active as much as possible during the day. My daughter is 3.5 months old and sleeps through the night 95% of the time. I have a strict bedtime ritual so every night, she knows it's nighttime and that it's time to sleep. She sleeps from about 7:30PM to 7AM.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son was doing the same thing, we started giving him a little juice or water instead of a bottle when he woke up and put him back to bed immediately (with his pacy). We also started putting him down to bed instead of rocking him to sleep. We began with naps, and yes he cried a little bit to begin with. Then we began nighttime that way. He was sleeping through the night since 10 months olds when we took someone elses advice finally about this.
    AydensMom101507

Answer by AydensMom101507 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 17, 2009