How can I get the smell out of diapers ?

Ive tried everything this is my washing routine ... soak with baing soda overnight cold then run the wash then use country save and oxyclean less then 1/8 cup of each and use vinegar in rinse them re rinse i sometimes dry but mostly try to hang out in sun the diapers are poscket style with fleece liner mostly but some are prefolds .. oh and i never go more than 3 days between wash , use dry pail and liners so no poop lol any suggestions would be great thanks in advance

atowne

Asked by atowne at 6:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Strip them. Start with clean diapers and wash them with a squirt of original dawn dishsoap(no detergent), and then rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse. Yes, eight times! Their probably stinking from pee/poop/soap residue. They need lots and lots of rinsing. If after eight rinses there are still bubbles as soon as the cycle stops, then rinse them some more.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 7:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i did a wash with a little vinegar and weather permitting I hung them in the sun and the smells were always gone! but I only cd'd my son when he was newborn-age so the poops werent as extreme.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• but I only cd'd my son when he was newborn-age so the poops werent as extreme.

Lol I always thought the newborn poop was the WORST!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 7:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009