Unpaid wages??

My husband was laid off on April 6, he received his last check on April 10. they still haven't paid him for the time he spent in the hotel out of town. they promised him 25 dollars a day for living expenses while he was gone at the hotel. they have yet to pay him for the five days he was up there. is this illegal?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 6:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If that was their agreement and standard practice...especially if it was meant to reimburse him for something, it needs to be paid back.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• was it in writing? was he "clocked in" some how? thats messed up.
    Anonymous

• I had an "unpaid wages" situation. I contacted my Attorney General. They handled the whole thing, didn't cost me anything. Got all my money when they AG threatened the company that they would review the entire payroll.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Your best bet is to call your Equal Employment Center and talk to them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You better bet that they need to pay him that $25 a day.  I would ask for it nicely and if they do not pay him within the next pay period, I'd bring out the big guns.  I like the suggestion of contacting the Equal Employment Center or the Attorney General.  I'm sure they prefer to avoid an investigation of their entire payroll, haha :)

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 9:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009