my 10 mt old

When can I chage my daughter from soy to cows milk? she's on soy from being sick alot. The dr said just to keep her on soy and when we do the switch to go to cows milk. When do I make the switch?
Also what does your 10 mt old eat?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 6:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not switch her to cows milk until the doctor gives the okay and then follow his recommendations for the switch. My son was on soy for constipation issues and we just switched him with no trouble.

My 10 month olds were already on all table foods so eating what we were eating.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When my oldest was 10mths he was on lactose free formula until a week before his 1st birthday, then i switched to cows milk and it went fine.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The best thing (and I know it sounds weird, but it really is the closest to mother's milk) is goat's milk! You can find it at the grocery store in cans. If you can find someone with goats in your area and get it fresh, it is better. Cow's milk is bad and soy is worse! I would never put a child on soy milk as it causes all kinds of problems. I really hope this helps!
    P.S. If it makes you feel any better, I have 5 doctors in my family...and they all agree on this one! ;)
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 7:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009