• In the Spotlight:

Can you find funny or dumb quotes past Presidents have said that maybe put them in quandarries?

"Last year, the vice president launched a new effort to help make communities more liberal." —Bill Clinton, during his 2000 State of the Union Speech. He meant to say "more livable," and then made the same slip-up in a subsequent sentence, drawing uproarious laughter from Republicans

I'm on a Clinton rampage today, he can't be all that bad he had a kickA$$ dog.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 7:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "Being president is like running a cemetery: you've got a lot of people under you and nobody's listening." –Bill Clinton

Maybe that didn't put him in a quandarry but it's a quote.
    Anonymous

• Obamaisms:
    "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
    "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."
    "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
    "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..."
    "Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."
    "I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."
    "Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions."
    "In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
    Anonymous

• "Hi I'm a peanut farmer and I want to be your president"
    Anonymous

• Who could forget this one?

"You know, if I were a single man, I might ask that mummy out. That's a good-looking mummy" —Bill Clinton, looking at "Juanita," a newly discovered Incan mummy on display at the National Geographic museum
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• "To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace."

George Washington
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

Thomas Jefferson
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• "Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

"And they have no disregard for human life." --George W. Bush, on the brutality of Afghan fighters, Washington, D.C., July 15, 2008

"Should the Iranian regime-do they have the sovereign right to have civilian nuclear power? So, like, if I were you, that's what I'd ask me. And the answer is, yes, they do." --George W. Bush, talking to reporters in Washington, D.C., July 2, 2008
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Old Bill would take anything doesn't have to be breathing breathing is bonus LOL.
    Anonymous

• "The individual who refuses to defend his rights when called by his government, deserves to be a slave, and must be punished as an enemy of his country and friend to her foe."

HMMMM....this one strikes a chord today with me...Andrew Jackson
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 7:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• "I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes."
    -Richard (Dicky) Nixon
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009