Are their any prior military service mommies on here? If so, what branch were you in and why did you get out?

I am prior Air Force and I got out before having my son (after one tour) because I didn't want to deploy and leave my son behind. I just couldn't see myself doing that. Besides, my husband was also in (still is) and he has already deployed once so I didn't want both of us to be deploying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Army Reserve 71 Leemer. Found out I was pregnant with my 8 year old daughter during reception week.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Navy from 1994-2005. I got out for the same reason you did. It came time for sea duty and our detailer was not willing to give one of us shore and the other sea duty. So I got out at the end of my EAOS. I figured my husband had a more prospering career and mine stagnated at my last command.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm prior AF too. I took an early out. Good thing too, it was right before Desert Storm and I found out I was pregnant the day after I signed my paperwork.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009