Could i be going into labor soon?

For the past 3 days i have felt the baby alot lower into my pelvic area i have been getting alot of sharp pains in my stomach back and vag area. And the baby has been moving but alot less. Im 36 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no it doesnt mean labor.. if your 36 weeks they will still stop it anyways.
    im 38 weeks and 4 days and i have been feeling what you just discribed for about the past 5 weeks .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The baby tends to stop moving towards the end to prepare itself for the birthing process. As for the pains its your muscles stretching and your pelvis getting wider to ease you into the birthing process. The baby may be dropping and you will see a change in your breathing and everything else when they are really low. You will feel contractions and a lot more peeing is yet to come as the baby gets lower. Anything is possible.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Mrs. Owen86-- It depends on your dr's policy as to whether or not they will stop your labor-- My dr. says that at 35wks they will not stop my labor, but i will have to deliver at a hospital with a nicu --mine doesn't have one--at 36wks i can deliver at my hospital with no nicu and at 37wks i 'm considered full term--So your not entirely correct. -- I've been having that same pain though--i wish it meant i was going to go into labor soon--i'm soo ready. --I'm 35wks and my dr. says that i could deliver within the next 15days.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 7:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i have never heard that .. coast to coast no hosital or dr will let you have your baby at 36 weeks if you are ableto to go 37 they will stop it .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Mrs Owens, that isnt true, mine also said if I were to go into labor at 35 weeks they would not stop it. Although they would like me to go to atleast 37 weeks. I think it depends on the Dr and hospital,
    Anonymous

• they wouldnt even let me go into labor til i was 38 weeks. i kept going into false labor in my 36th and 37th week and they wouldnt let me til I was 38 weeks
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There is no way at all to tell when labor is coming, unless you're already in it! If this is your first baby, it is very normal for first babies to drop really early. Granted, all moms and babies are different and some may drop right before labor and others will drop weeks before it. Dropping doesn't mean much when it comes to guessing when you'll have the baby, all it means is your baby is taking one of many steps on it's way to meeting you. :)

If you are uncomfortable now that your baby is lower, rest as much as you can, wear a supportive bellyband, take warm (but not hot) baths and find a comfortable position while you wait for your little one :)
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 10:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009