Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I move to a different town in the same state without the permission of the father of my child?

Answer Question

Asked by AnnasMommy04 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Travel

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • UM YES. Unless you have a custody order stating other wise but its usually leaving the state you can not do if its in the order. You can move if you want and he can do nothing about it unless a legal order states differently.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • yup
    just in most cases you cant move out of state if he disputes it

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • yep...go for it!

    Answer by melissacoulter at 7:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • Of course you can. Whats HE gonna do about it :P

    Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • Depends on the custody issue!

    Answer by dairyberrys at 12:07 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

  • All depends on the custody papers. Sometimes it states that you can not move with in x number of miles with out permission

    Answer by brannen at 1:53 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.