I need a good craft idea for 2-3 year olds....

The catch is, whatever I do has to be on a white background and have a mother's day theme. I don't want to just do a coloring page. Kiddos love to color AND glue...so I thought...and searched...but can't find anything interesting. Would a bookmark with some diecuts be too impersonal? I dunno....any ideas? I need to know by tomorrow around lunch time??

MamaCass07

Asked by MamaCass07 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Handprints. Color hand prints on white background. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can do a handprint flower, and you find a little poem to go with it or make one up.
    You can do cut outs of why they love their moms, hugs, kisses, playing with them, shopping, eating easy pictures for them to pick out.

You can do a footprint or feet prints of them saying they are forever walking in mommy's heart and put it on a heart on the white background.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i agree with the last poster, handprints are an awesome craft for 2-3 yr olds! or me and my son made tie die t-shirts with the easy spray-on colors. so he just got to spray all over the shirt, he loved it!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 7:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• y does it have to b on a white back ground?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Do you have pictures of the kids? If so you can do the handprint flower with their picture in the middle of it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Thanks for your replies! To mommymeg03: It has to be on a white background because they are going to be scanned in. The winning craft is supposed to be put onto something for the mommies.
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2009