Has anyone had a near death experience or knows someone who has?

My Mom told me her Grandmother told her that she was walking a long ways and she heard a voice tell her it is not your time and you need to go back. And then she woke up. At the time they where preparing her burial.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• hon im a witch ive been burned at the stake and damn that burns lol
    Anonymous

• OMG what!? thats crazy... Ok this is awful but

My dad is a really butthole and he does drugs and drinks all the time.. Well one day he was particularly depressed about his poopy life, so he went to a local drug store and bought a horse surenge and needle. (this was obviously several years ago when you could still do that) Well he filled that thing with every kind of drug he could get his hands on and shoved it into his vein and let a rip. Well, needless to say, he died. While the paramedics were examining him he shot up from the floor and started walking around.. he says his grandpa (who had passed) said, "Billy, Its not your time yet. Go home." And he woke up and was fine. Insane right?
    valerielehne

Answer by valerielehne at 8:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes - I am sorry, I started to type was had happened to me. But I cant. My Family and freinds know but thats it. I guess its just to personal to talk about on-line. I very easly can chat away about everything else in my life but I guess not this. But let me say = yes i have seen the afterlife.
    Anonymous

• My grandpa was dead for 6 minutes. The nurses were taking all the IV's and stuff out of him and telling the family he was gone when the last monitor he was still hooked to went crazy and somehow he was 'back.' He lived for 6yrs after that. I asked him once what happened in those moments he was gone and he said that he heard a voice that asked him "how did you treat your wife?" He doesn't remember seeing anything just hearing that question asked. When he had thought out what his reply would be he opened his eyes and saw the family all around him crying and then freaking out because he moved. I never would have thought that would be something we heard as soon as we died, but I definetly do not doubt my grandpa at all.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes, I did.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 8:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes. I had a near-death experience a few years back when I had a really bad asthma attack. Long story short, I was really bad off by the time I got to the ER and I literally had no energy left in me to even bother with the breathing treatment they gave me. Right then I saw the room go WHITE, like the center of a light bulb but without hurting my eyes and I instantly knew that all I had to do was get up and walk into the LIGHT and I'm be HOME. I felt no pain, no discomfort at all, just simply LOVE and peace. But then I heard the voice say, "It's not your time yet". And instantly the room returned to its original blankness and the nurse was standing there readjusting my breathing mask.

Five years ago I also witnessed my grandmother's passing. I knew the exact moment that she left her body because I saw that same White Light come in, take over the room, and go out.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had one. I stopped breathing. I remember a meadow and a beautiful woman there. The meadow was warm and full of light and I could hear water running in the stream. She took me in her arms and kissed my face and told me "its not your time my child" and I came back. I remember a very peaceful feeling that made me not want to leave. It was a beautiful place and I will never forget her warm embrace.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I've had seven, yes seven times I eluded death with the help of God. Those are only the ones that I could count. It was way more than that that I am sure I wasn't aware of. Praise the Lord!!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Thanks everyone for sharing. All of your stories are very meaningful :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 9:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Okay, my sister-in-law's brother-in-law had one. He had a heart attack while only he and his daughter were home. He remembered a bright light, an over-whelming feeling of peace, and seeing his father and father-in-law. He said they were speaking to him but he couldn't hear what they were saying. The next thing he remembers, he was waking up on his living room floor with paramedics over him. It gives me goosebumps to hear him tell it.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009