Did you attend a T.E.A. party?

April 15th, 2009, T.E.A. parties took place all over the country. We attended in Sacramento....if you attended, let's hear about it, where you were, how many people, and what you thought!!

kymbernv

Asked by kymbernv at 8:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Great! It was wonderful to see so many Americans standig up and using their 1st Amendment Right with Pride. Reminding Politicians they WORK for US! We had roughly 6000 in our city (Dayton, Ohio)

To see that so many Americans aren't going to follow sheepishly behind the current Congress and President and are willing to make thier voice heard about how the Government spends our money. I am proud to be an American. :)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• NO. What a waste of time.
    Anonymous

• I wish I could have but I was travelling that day. Apprently I missed a good one in my home city.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 10:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I really wanted to, but with a rambunctious toddler and a newborn while DH is working and right around dinner time and bedtime, it was nearly impossible for me to go. I need to find out how the one in my area went.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:17 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes, I attended. I felt so proud to be there. It was a quick put together but it went well. More people showed up than I thought there would be. I do not feel it was a waste of time. I think it got the message out. We can not stop there, we need to stay on our congresspersons rears.
    JustAnotherMama

Answer by JustAnotherMama at 10:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Absolutely, JustAnotherMama.......Let's not stop now!! I feel a movement coming on!!!
    kymbernv

Answer by kymbernv at 10:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• NOOO... I wanted to, but am sick :(
    Dammit.
    We had a good one down here, from the pics on the news (Austin, TX).
    I'm bummed!!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 10:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• didnt have one here..
    lynne2020

Answer by lynne2020 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We had two going on in Oregon. BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!!! lol One was in Portland and the other in Salem. But we didn't go to either for fear we would get attacked by the haters!
    sweetpeasmom1

Answer by sweetpeasmom1 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• BTW, we would have gone if we didn't fear for our lives here in liberalville. We have two kids to think of! :)
    sweetpeasmom1

Answer by sweetpeasmom1 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2009