Someone talk me out of it!

So lately, I've had a major case of baby fever! I can't seem to snap myself out of it. In no way do I need another one. I'm 19, in college and already have an 18 month old. I'm schedualed to get on Nuva Ring next week. I know the reason I want another baby. It's because when I was pregnant the first time, I wasn't at all excited. I was 17, in school and my boyfriend was an asshole. I didn't even pay attention to anything my body was going through. When I had him, I still went to school and worked full time. My mom pretty much raised him for the first year of his life. And now all my friends are having babies and are so excited (which doesn't make sense because they're not in a postition to have kids either) But any way..I see all them being happy and in great relatanships and excited. I always try to talk myself out of it. Thinking of diapers and feedings and how school would be so much harder and all that..continued..........

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 8:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• And now all my friends are having babies and are so excited (which doesn't make sense because they're not in a postition to have kids either) But any way..I see all them being happy and in great relatanships and excited.

Im confused
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• let me tell you something your 19 you have your hole life ahead of you finish college first i know it's hard but after college then have one i did the same thing im telling you it was the so hard for me with no help at all from anyone i was on my own with a baby girl but that is from me i hope i helped some
    Anonymous

• And what people would think-yes, I do care- But none of it seems to work! I have an awesome boyfriend who loves me and he already has a 2 year old. He's got a good job and is in school too, and I've talked to him about it and we both agree that we don't need another one. That's why we agreed for me to get on birth controll. But I know I'm still going to want one. I feel like I just need that chance to be excited and to love being a mom like I see everyone else doing. Don't get me wrong, I love my son and I love being a mom, now. But it wasn't always like that. It's so bad it makes me depressed and I'm already on anti-depressants!! Every time I hear someone's having a baby, I cry. And literaly, everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby. I just need to get over this and can't seem to find a way to do it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Diamondmomma- all of my friends are my age. No jobs, not in school, some are still in high school..things like that. And their still very excited about it.

And Anon-I've decided that waiting until after college is best. But I still can't get over it. I tell myself every day " Sara, you don't need a baby" And it's not working! Even Blake is getting used to babies. I have a baby doll and he carries it around, like a baby, and says Baby or Momma Baby and hands it to me.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• But you said they are happy and are in nice relationships but when you said that some are still in highschool then yes they are in no position right now. And you need to wait yourself also. You have so much ahead of you and so much that you might want to accomplish. Its hard times right now, just focus on your little one right now baby girl. Sounds like you are going through a baby doll stage. So take your cute little ass to Walmart and get you one of them baby alives and have fun. Don't do it girl, wait.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't think it would be fair to your baby now to take the focus off him/her with being pregnant again... And then a new baby... Do you plan to tell you baby when he/she is older that you couldn't care for them when they were born but you just had to have another baby?? You're 19, put your baby's needs before your own. JMO
    Anonymous

• So, um, anon those other moms that have kids right after each other aren't being fair to there other kids? I get what your saying but don't be so rude about it.

And yes Diamondmomma their in high school and both the girl and her boyfriend are excited. I only know 3 people that are in high school and pregnant. The rest of my friends are married.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Come on over and watch my three for a day.

That will cure baby fever any time!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Well I run a daycare and have a three year old daughter of my own, and going to work everyday is plenty of birth control for me!! LOL. I watch 2 under the age of one, 2 1 year olds, 2 2 year olds, my daughter, and a 4 year old half a day after she gets out of school. Believe me having another baby is far from my mind. Ha. :) Just keep focused on school, and if after school the relationship you are in now is still going great, then you will know that you are ready, and in the position to take care of a baby. I hope that it works out for you, girl. JUST KEEP FOCUSED!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• STAY IN SCHOOL! GET A DEGREE! GET A JOB! TAKE CARE OF THE LITTLE ONE THAT YOU HAVE. YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO HAVE MORE KIDS. GET FINANCIALLY STABLE BEFORE YOU HAVE ANOTHER ONE. YOUR FRIENDS MAY BE HAPPY NOW, BUT ONCE THEY SEE HOW HARD PARENTHOOD IS, THEY WON'T BE SO HAPPY. ONCE THEY SEE HOW THEIR FREEDOM AND MONEY IS GONE, THEY WON'T BE SO HAPPY. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A STABLE, COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP BEFORE YOU HAVE ANOTHER CHILD.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009