Family pictures...

My little family consists of me, my hubby, and our almost 1 year old daughter. We are going to have our first proffesional pictures as a family taken soon, and I was looking for ideas on what we should wear. I am SO over white shirts and jeans, everyone in my family always does that. My hubby and girly look good in any color, I however, cannot pull off very bright yellows, oranges, or lime green. Any ideas would be fantastic!

brighteyesbryar

Asked by brighteyesbryar at 8:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always find one piece of clothing I like for the kids and build off of that. When my oldest was about 10 months we did our first family portrait. I had picked out this cute green sun dress for her to wear that had a bit of yellow in it so I wore a yellow shirt and khaki pants and my husband wore jeans and an off-white colored polo shirt.\

The closest we ever came to matching was the year we all wore red, white and denim. The pictured turned out really cute but, still, we were all wearing something different but with a coherent color scheme.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• How about black shirts and jeans? Or who says you have to match? Dress your daughter in a cute little dress and maybe you could wear a nice shirt and your husband wear a button down shirt and khakis.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Here's an idea~
    Since we are moving closer to summer, Why don't you wear a pretty sundress & then pick a solid color sundress or outfit for your daughter that matches a print color in your dress. Then have your husband wear a nice light tan longsleeve button up shirt. this will move you away from the original photo look but still very professional.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We all wore casual clothes, pinks, browns, navy blues, nothing really planned but the colors went well together...
    Anonymous