Is it just normal ovulation pain? or something more?(TMI)

About 1 week or so after my period I get an extreme pain in my lower abdomen and some times reaching around to my *eh*hem* butthole. Sometimes these pains are mild and sometimes they hurt so bad that i cry and i can't sit or stand... So I was just wondering if any of you have pains like this when you are ovulating...is it normal? or should I see a doctor?

rinoasmommy2005

Asked by rinoasmommy2005 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Health

• I've had ovulation pains like that my whole life, since I was a teen-ager, and I'm 47 now. I don't have them every month, but I do still have them. In some women this is normal but you should tell your dr. anyway.
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yup. Call a doctor and tell them what you are feeling please. You will stress yourself out more if you ignore it now and it happens again.
    I used to get some real nasty cramps but I have always known I had a problem with regular bowel movements. Let me know what's up later ok!

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 9:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I get pain during ovulation too, not every month but sometimes it hurts a lot. I take Advil and use a heating pad. Not much else that can be done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009