How did you do it? 2 or more kids...

wow so I have a 3 y/o and an almost 1 month old, and i can not for the life of me no matter what i do, or how hard i try stay awake during the day...i feel horrible for my 3 y/o...please tell me i am not alone in this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are not alone at all, I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping at night lately and I don't even have a small baby, just a 3 y/o. And I have to literally take a 5 minute nap every couple hours to keep myself going during the day. Hopefully it will get better for you...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I breast fed and co beded I was wide awake 6am-8pm no problems
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Answered at 6:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 by: MELRN I breast fed and co beded I was wide awake 6am-8pm no problems

yeah ive tried to feed her while laying in bed (we are ff) but it just makes both of us more awake, and feedings are harder....blah... :( how do you do it???
    Anonymous

• Put in a favorite DVD for the 3 year old while the baby is sleeping in the afternoon. Put her on the couch with pillow and blanket if need be, and tell her it's rest time.

Set the alarm on your cell phone or microwave or timer for about 15 minutes.

That usually does it for me. (I have 3 in 33 months...5, 3 and 2...only the youngest naps)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• side lying position...(dont forget to switch at sometime in the night LOL or you'll have lop sided boobies in the morning!) also in the day time you can do this in bed and play "match it" or blow bubbles with the 3 year old ALL AT THE SAME TIME and it's not too physically challenging...you can do it laying down! literally
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Well now i don't feel bad seeing that other moms snooze while their oldest are awake... i am so exhausted! i do make my 3 y/o on days that ij ust really can't take it go upstairs and watch movies in my room while the baby sleeps, granted it's not restful sleep but at least i am resting.
    Anonymous

• Your baby is still so young, so the adjustment to your new family is still happening. I have four kids, and I reckon it took a good two months each time to REALLY feel like I was on top of things, and not too tired, and to have the babies in a bit of a routine.
    Just stick with it. I'm sure it will turn around for you very soon.
    sandj29

Answer by sandj29 at 6:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009