If I'm only 12 weeks pregnant and I want to get a massage, do I need to get the prenatal one?

Or can I just get one of the others. I don't really have a bump yet, so it's still comfortable to sleep on my stomach.

I have never had a professional massage before, is there a particular one you would recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would get a prenatal yes but you dont have to wait til the 2nd tri or anything like that.. and yes if its still comfortable for you to lay on your tummy and your not showing then you dont have to lay on your side
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 12:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• well yes you can recevice one but it has to be on your side only, and it cant be deep tissue, only light but it still feels really good ...trust me i went to school to study to be a massage therapist and had to give and recevce and yes i was pregnant !! Hope this helps !!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i get massages all the time..i sit in the massage chairs at the mall all the time....try the sit down ones..theyre safe..i did them through out my whole pregnancy =P and im due in a few days
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• if you are going to get a professional one done, yes it needs to be prenatal because then they can use the right techniques. deep tissue ones and other things can be harmful to your baby. also a lot of people want to make sure you are clearly in the second trimester before they do one so they may make you wait 2-3 weeks.
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 9:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009