Worried could you help?

Im 36 weeks preg and my left leg hurts it felt hot and now it feels cold. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it can be the baby putting pressure on your sciatic nerve
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Go to the emergency room! You could have a clot and it is an emergency
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• and as an Er nurse I would NEVER send someone to the ER unless I really thought it was necessary!
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:12 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Wow...you're am er nurse and saying that?
    Anonymous

• Yes please go to the ER.... a clot that dislodges can kill you and sciatica would not cause a temp change of your leg thatyou described a CLOT WILL
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I agree with MELRN better safe than sorry!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 9:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• A clot would cause swelling, pain, and hotness...not coldness. MelRN-I'm not sure which nursing school you went to.
    Anonymous

• anon, not necessarily true, if it is cutting circulation then the leg would be cold, and you can have no symptoms and have a clot. You are more likely to get them while preg. why put it to chance and something happen that could have a terrible outcome. go to the er better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• anon :55-google it. I am a nursing student currently. She is wrong.
    Anonymous

• Oh UHG I really dislike dumb dumbs but here I go-- the PRIMARY sign of a DVT in a leg is leg pain! The cool part happens if the DVT dislodges and it now is a moving embolism which can go on to be a PE, a stroke, whatever..it can even enter fetal circulation.. ever seen that?? I have ... the cool part is what makes it a REAL emergency that means it is on the move... so leg pain changes in temps of an extremity combination with pregnancy which puts all women in a hypercoagulation state.. you need to get that checked out ASAP
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:10 PM on Apr. 16, 2009