Raw skin around baby's mouth?

My son is teething so he tends to drool alot and it making the skin around his lips and chin area really raw, red, and rash-like looking any suggestions on what I can do to get rid of it?

youngmommi2be

Asked by youngmommi2be at 9:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Couple of things - plain vaseline is really good at bedtime and REALLy safe. But it is pretty messing for the clothes during the day so I bought some Aveeno Baby (w Oatmeal) and it is working really well. My 10mo old drooled from 3mo t0 10mo when he finally got 2 teeth. Good luck.
    madzachmom

Answer by madzachmom at 9:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We always dab (not rubbed) the area dry frequently and we also had a moisture stick from Johnson & Johnson that we would rub on.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009