just wondering...

My boys are 5 and 8 and I allow them to shower or bath together, would you?. Also I really don't like baths,to me it is like sitting in your own dirt.. anyone eles agree? So I let the boys take a shower and wash up good, brush teeth and then I fill the tub with water and let them play.
I also let my 8mo old play in the water but then us the handheld shower to rinse her body off after I wash it, (after tub drains).. Am I crazy or just being careful? how does everyone eles do shower/bath time?

three-for-now

Asked by three-for-now at 9:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 6 year old and my 4 year old sometimes take baths together until my 6 year old said "Mommy, I'm a big boy, I can take a bath by myself now. My 11 year old likes showers. I usually shower to clean up and if I get a chance I relax in a nice bubble bath (very rare occasion). For me personally I don't like to take baths to get clean, just to relax. You must use alot of water!!! I don't think you are crazy, you're just being safe for your kids and you must have alot of time. I don't have time to bathe my kids and shower them. Not enough hours in the day:)
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 10:05 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my mom let my sister and I bathe or shower together until she was about 10 and I was 7, so I don't think it is a big deal. But as for the showering before the bath, that is kinda silly. LOL. but if it is your preference, then its not a big deal either.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Thanks, I am getting alitlle concerned I may have to stop them showering together.. My oldest seems to talk about his brothers penis to much.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My boys are 5 and 9 and they take baths together sometimes. When they are really dirty, after playing outside all day I make them take showers though. I agree with you, I don't like baths for the same reason! lol. Your bath routine sounds like too much work. lol.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would let them bathe first then shower to get cleaned off but either way I see nothing wrong with them bathing together. We don't allow baths anymore because our tub is cracked and it can't handle the weight of all the water and the kid/kids. If I gave them the choice my 7yo son and 6yo daughter would still get in the bathtub together.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• mamaada My boys are 5 and 9 and they take baths together sometimes. When they are really dirty, after playing outside all day I make them take showers though. I agree with you, I don't like baths for the same reason! lol. Your bath routine sounds like too much work. lol.

**NO NOT THAT MUCH WORK, THEY WASH THEMSELFS UP AND I JUST YELL IN TURN THE STOPPER ON, AND THEN IN LIKE 10 MINS I YELL SHUT OFF WATER. THEY DO IT THEMSELFS WHICH IS NICE, BUT THE BABY I HAVE TO DO WHICH ONLY TAKES ABOUT 10 MINS ♥***
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 9:46 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• nope not alot of time, they do it them selfs.. as far as water my MIL never complains of our bill so I don't think we use that much. They are like 4-5min showers they wash fast they want their tubby.
    three-for-now

Answer by three-for-now at 10:07 PM on Apr. 16, 2009