When making a scrapbook, do you have to use the liners??

I want to make a scrapbook, but I want it to be 3D and I don't want to use the liners that come in about all albums and cover up all the 3D stuff on the scrapboook pages. Just wondering!! New to all this! :)

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You don't have to. I use mine mainly to keep it clean. I have some things that stand off the page but I still manage to get the covers on. I guess the only thing you have to worry about would be putting holes in the paper and having those tear out eventually. Best of luck :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I suppose you don't HAVE to, but the purpose of them is to protect your pages....

You could use a bound journal and just scrapbook on the actual pages..
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 9:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you hole punch the paper, use eyelets to reinforce the holes. Also, if you do use the page protectors, but have flaps or other things that are "interactive", you can carefully cut the liner so that it opens as well.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Nope, that's the great thing about scrapbooking, you do whatever you want ;)

But they do protect things, like I have some stickers that are kinda 3D, and they keep 'em from getting ripped off.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• What i've done in the past if I have 3-D things such as flip books or albu,s I have cut out around that item so that it flaps open, so you can look at what beneth the topper.
    rnmom26

Answer by rnmom26 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• No, you don't have to but the liners protect the pages and pictures.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• No, you don't have too. I have a scrapbook that has 3-d images on it, and I use the liners to protect my pages, to make sure nothing falls off or rubs it the wrong way to make the things fall off. But either way, I'm sure it wouldn't matter.
    Landonsmom33108

Answer by Landonsmom33108 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009