anxiety?

Did any new moms have anxiety when night time came and you were heading to bed?.... just anxious about your newborns well being and if she is ok?.... Its to the point with me that i sleep on my couch with her RIGHT next to me in her bouncy seat..... I get so anxious at night with her like something is going to happen and i wont know and im constantly checking her breathing and if she is ok.... i feel crazy!.... i told my boyfriend my feelings and he said i was nuts... i feel like this is very unhealthy.... i just cant control it though.... i am so scared of something happening to her.... I have had alot of loss in my life and i think this is where it stems from....
any advice on how to ease this anxiety?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for the first 3 weeks or so she slept at my bed's level in her bassinet with a small night light so i could see her. i woke up probably 10 times a night to check on her.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had terrible night time anxiety after my daughter came home from the NICU. And she slept in her crib, right next to my bed. I laid there most of the night just listening to her breathing, and everytime I couldn't hear it, I would jump up, and put my hand on her back just to be sure she was still breathing. But with me, it was just because she had so many problems, and I was very concerned... But it died down after she was about 5-6 months! I still wake up once a night and go to her bedroom door and listen to her sleeping. She is 3 now!!! Its just a mommy thing, I think!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I was worried too... what helped put my mind at ease was the Angel Care Movement Monitor... I was finally able to sleep and know by baby was sleeping. It goes under the crib matress and is super sensitive and picks up your baby breathing and if there is no movment for 15 seconds it alarms. We've been using ours for 7 months and the only "false" alarms we have ever had is when we have taken him out of the crib and not shut it off. I don't know when we will stop using it... I feel so safe with it!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:00 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• AmiJanell, I wish that I knew about that 3 years ago. It sounds AMAZING!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Sounds normal to me. We bed share though. That way I KNOW if something happens to her(which it hasn't). I'm a lightish sleeper though. BUt I'm pretty sure I didn't sleep for the first 3-5 days of her life because of anxiety.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009