A week TODAY!!!

I delivered my baby girl exactly a week ago! I was wondering how recovery went for all of you...I am still bleeding a bit dark, thought that was suppose to get lighter..and TMI...but it doesnt "look" the same down there, Will I heal ok? Any stories out there of stitches..recovery in general? I tried to breastfeed, it worked good, but now isnt...I am still pumping, but my boobs dont feel big and hard anymore...I am reallllly new to being a mommy (as you can tell)..any help??

vanessaxoxo

Asked by vanessaxoxo at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Congrats! You should heal fine. I had a small tear and had 1-2 stiches and it healed just great. And with my second I didn't have anything. Keep trying to feed and pump to keep your milk supply up. Also try to get as much rest as you can and srink planty of water. My milk supply slowed way down and had some trouble with my first. Good luck I am sure your doing a great job!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• How your boobs feel have nothing to do with how much milk you can make. How is breastfeeding not going well any more? Let us know and we can help :-)

It will be a little while before it looks and feels the same "down there", but it will go back to normal! Give it a few weeks.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• There are plenty of moms on here who can help you with specific breastfeeding problems. I love the website kellymom.com for support for breastfeeding too - maybe you can find more info there.
    Most importantly, nurse nurse and nurse some more! The more baby eats, the more mom makes - and the better you both get at breastfeeding.
    As for the tear, you should heal fine. I wish I could remember how long it took me to feel "normal" down there again but I don't. Mention it at your postpartum appointment if you still have concerns at that time.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I choose to halt on the breastfeeding because i became extremely sore, starting bleeding, and scabs were everywhere..but because i stopped for a day..I felt horrible not being able to provide for my baby. thats when i started giving her less than an ounce of simulac at a time...the nurse told me that it would be ok. Right now i get about an ounce of breast milk each time i pump...am i doing something wrong..or could i be a late bloomer?
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 10:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i will def. look at that site! so in general is pumping not enough? ..and about down there...i probably shouldnt have assumed just because everything else has been fast and speedy..that down there should be on track too...lol...also. i will give that some more time! what about stretch marks? my sisters came and went when she had her baby a few months back..mine are still around all pink..anything to make them go away? i only gained 24lbs, didnt think i would have so many!!& summers coming uhhhhhh.
    vanessaxoxo

Answer by vanessaxoxo at 10:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think pumping is enough after you built up your supply. My sil only pumped but after fully nursing for a month. She then only pumped for 7 months. She did this because she was so sore, sounds like you were, scabs and bleeding. I am sure everyone is different but it does work.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like you need to work on getting a better latch! That damage to your nipples is from baby not latching on right. Don't worry, they'll heal up! Here is some good info on getting a good latch http://drjacknewman.com/help/When%20Latching.asp

You need to be breastfeeding and/or pumping at least 8-12 times in 24 hours to bring in yoru milk supply.  Check out kellymom.com too lke the PP said!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• After my first (and only) I bled for about 6 weeks and it was fairly dark for the first couple weeks. I wouldn't worry about that too much. As far as 'down there', believe me, I didn't feel around, didn't look for a LONG time because I was terrified of what it might feel or look like. Plus, I had horrible hemorroids (I know TMI), but even the doc said it looked like Rocky Balboa had been down there. Made me laugh! So I would gather a guess and say all is normal. My DD is 10 months now and all is back to normal down there.
    Anonymous

• Since u have so many good answers for the bleeding and bfing. I will give u advice for the stretch marks. I use the Palmers Cocoa Butter for Stretch Marks lotion and it works great. Apply that as many times as it says and in a little while those stretch marks will be gone. Good luck!
    rugratsmommy4

Answer by rugratsmommy4 at 11:24 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• just walk around start doing stuff around the house and the stitches will feel a lot better by the next few days or weeks.
    thats what i did and i tore. i had to get stitches also.
    just try breast feeding and it'll get better. trust me?
    marcelina08

Answer by marcelina08 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009