Dreams or visions? has anyone had them?

I had a dream about my dad he died Dec 17 2008. I have always ask God please show me if my dad made it to heaven. I cryed out to God i wanted to know me and my dad was so close. Well i dreamed that my dad came to me and told me Hell is real please tell everyone hell is real if i had to do it all over i would have served the Lord with my whole heart. I cry just thinking about it. I know that was from God..
How about you?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My Mom passed away in 2000, she was the most beautiful woman I ever knew, inside and out.... Then in 2005 my father passed away, he was such an awesome man... After Mom died I would dream about her everynight, then the night after my father died, I had a dream.. I saw my Mom, and I said to her, have you seen Dad, is he here, and she said yes sweetheart, turn around, I did and there he was, they took each others hands and walked away.. It was beautiful, like I was actually there, in person. I knew then that they were together again. They were married 41 yrs, knew each other 50 yrs and it broke my fathers heart when she died... I think that was a true vision.... Or at least it helps me deal with it all....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have dreams and visions and I can definitely tell when it is from God or just "life". They are wonderful...and God does truly speak this way.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:01 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No I have not had any dreams or visions, but thank you for sharing! There are too many people that have died and been sent back to tell people of their experience for me to doubt any of it. Praise Jesus!
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Not to say you have an invalid experience with your father but I too have communicated with my dead father. My father passed away March 2007. Before he passed we had discussions on the Bible and heaven and hell a lot of times. He believed it 100% in his life. I have myself had life altering talking to him. He has told me there is no hell but only love and peace after death. Sorry, but trust my own experiences more. I won't tell you your wrong but I find no validity in your experience.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:03 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have spoken to my deceased grandfather in meditation (and received confirmation - he gave me information about himself I didn't know and confirmed with my grandmother). But we did not talk about heaven and hell. My perception of heaven and hell are that they are a real part of life. Had I had that dream, I would have assumed that he meant he created his own hell by his choices and has reflected on this.. perhaps now existing in peace has provided the contrast for him? I dreamt my husband in great detail (including full name and appearance and family) several years before we met. I have experienced other visions/dreams. I think that we would all perceive this differently and have different experiences and what matters most is what it meant to you personally.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:08 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• lmao. Sure. Like, if Hell were so real and so horrible, surely "Satan" would let your "dad" out for a bit to come visit you in a dream...

eye rolling

If you're not completely fabricating this, and you did actually have a dream where your father came to you with that message, it's because of your own fears about "Hell."

Anonymous

• Having a near death experience and NOT being a Christian I know I will be going to a very good place when I leave this body. I am not saying your dream was not valid for you. But in my path there is no hell.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I don't believe in hell either --- at least if there is a hell, the rules surrounding it as told in the Bible are WAY off base. Recent events in my life have just reinforced that belief in me more.

No offense to you --- we all have our beliefs. If your beliefs work for you --- more power to ya.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 4x4 mum, what an experience, these are all great.
    I asked my guide for a sign and had a dream of a plane crash that landed on houses in a residential neighborhood. I awoke and told 2 people. About a month later, there was a crash in S. America (big plane) that landed in a neighborhood. NPR was talking about it. I called one of the people I'd told and she shrieked, "I KNOW, I JUST HEARD!" But I'd rather be contacted by a deceased loved one.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have had dreams of loved ones coming to me and telling me goodbye after they passed. I've had dreams of deceased loved ones "fussing" at me for not doing something specific (long story, that one, I'll have to tell y'all about it some time). And I've had dreams of loved ones warning me not to do something (usually don't go somewhere - last year it was Galveston - go figure).

I believe 100% that these dreams come from God, as they are always uplifting and helpful.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 16, 2009