Should I be concerned?

I am on day 4 of potty training my son. (started on Monday) he went poop in the potty on Tuesday morning...he hasn't went since. Should I be concerned or am I just worried for nothing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD has gone 4 days without pooping. And she was perfectly fine. I wouldn't be too worried till he reaches 7 days without pooping.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:14 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• How often is your DS having a BM? My DS is 4 and goes everyday at about 12:00 on the dot! lol, he's pretty regular. One time he didnt go for 3 days so i gave him prune juice and white grape juice to help him..poor little guy was having cramps from being constipated. Honestly I think it depends on what is "normal" for your child. If you are really concerned and there is change in the way your son is acting and he's not eating,etc,then I'd call your nurse just to get a little peace of mind.It doesnt hurt to ask :)
    Newborn4me

Answer by Newborn4me at 2:10 AM on Apr. 18, 2009