Is it wrong of me to want my mom in there with my and my boyfriend when i have the baby?

my boyfriend does not want anyone in there sept for us but i have always wanted my mom in there with me. is it wrong of me to want that or should i juss let it be juss me and him?

momma2beat21

Asked by momma2beat21 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• babe, its your choice! i was thinking about having my fiance's mom in the room with us...
    idk anymore..i think i just want him in the room lol..i dont want everyone seeing my vag
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would be honored if my daughter allowed me in the room when her child was born. Find out why. If this is his first baby he may realize he needs the support of someone else there when things start happening. My husband didn't want anyone there, but when he started getting scared because it was really happening my best friend was there to keep him together! Tell him how much it means to you to have mom there. Tell him you want her support too.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Its not wrong at all. You are the one who has to push that baby out. You choose who comes in that room with you bottom line. My mom was there when I had my DD, and I don't think that I could've got through it without her. My SO ended up getting sick the whole time I was trying to push her out. He has such a weak stomach!! But right after the baby came, she had to have CPR for 4 minutes (felt like forever) and the whole time, my mom was letting me know that everything is ok, NOT MY BOYFRIEND, who was still throwing up in a trash can in the corner.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:23 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Guess what?! Your boyfriend isn't the one squeezing out a baby through the smallest hole imaginable. YOU need to have whoever YOU need to have there to help YOU get through it.

I'm not trying to sound like a selfish-I-am-woman-hear-me-roar. Childbirth IS a very special and intimate time between two people who have created a baby. However, he needs to be sensitive to you. Labor can be a painful, frightening and exciting time. It is completely understandable that you would want your mom there with you. If you haven't taken your hospital tour yet, the nurses on the tour should tell you guys that you need to do what the mom in labor wants to do. Although dads ARE important, labor is all about the mom and helping the mom get through the pain and struggle the best way you can.

My mom was with me. I've rarely heard of anyone whose mom wasn't there.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:25 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It is up to you, but do try to explain it to your husband so he feels part of things, but you will really want another woman in the room with you for that support he cant offer never being through it before. Plus it is going to be a stresful situation for him too, and he will need to know someone is taking care you you so he doesnt feel completely obligated and stressed that he cant help you as much as he wants. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

----------------
    When you go into transitions, you won't care if the entire world sees your vag. As long as that baby is coming out and the contractions are stopping sooner or later....lol. I was the same way. I had my husband and my mom in the room with me and I told them I didn't want any of them looking down there because I was embarassed. After 2.5 hours of pushing, the pope could have been staring at my cooch for all I cared lol. Don't worry about it :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It's totally up to you! When he pushes out a baby, then he can decide who's in the room. I had my mom and my MIL in the room. My FIL wanted to be there, too, but I drew the line there! LOL I definitely wanted my mom to be there for that big moment. Sadly, after 10 minutes of pushing, I had to have an emergency c-section (my son's heart stopped, and it saved his life), so only my hubby was able to be there for that, but it is definitely your decision.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• hey it is totally up to u what u want to do but if u want your mom in the room and she is willing to be there then hey the more the merrier! lol I wanted my mother to be in the room with me when I had my first child but she didn't want to,and she won't be there for the birth of my second either child birth is something special so share it with your mom i wish i could have.
    hotmamma09

Answer by hotmamma09 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had my husband and my mom in the room. It helped so much to have them both there. I really hope that she can be here for this one and my mother in law too. It helps to have that support.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had my boyfriend, mom, and sister in the room. Its up to you. And you really wont care whose looking down there when the time comes.
    ccole2688

Answer by ccole2688 at 11:06 PM on Apr. 16, 2009