so kinda crazy..... a dream interpretation would be great

so a little back ground: I have a little girl who will be 3 in may. Recently she has had some mood changes and quiet a temper. I've thought about taking her to her doctor and getting him to look at her but her grandparents say it's just a phase and it'll pass.

anyway so I've been having disturbing dreams that don't make any sense, and last night my sister called and told me she had a dream about my little girl:

she said that my daughter was walking around in a trance and she was holding a steak knife, when she would pass someone she would cut their legs or if someone tried to take the knife away she would cut their hands. She walked up to my sister and was about to cut her and my sister popped her in the head with a screw driver. When she did that a very quick picture of someone with their mouth sewn shut popped up, my daughter blinked and was scared and asked my sister just to hold her.

it just kind of got to me, any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sounds like your little girl is just going through her terrible twos or threes....that's normal.

I agree that you should dedicate your little girl to the Lord, but I would go one step further. GIVE her to the Lord. Lift her up in prayer as God's and believe that He can care for her better than you. He will tell you what to do.

I'm not a dream interpreter, but since your sister had the dream, it seems at least obvious that she's at some level concerned about your daughter. I would ask her what she thought (honestly) about your little girl's behavior. You might want to note what you see as well and run it by your child's physician at her next appointment. He/she will be able to help you b/c they see LOTS of children. Sometimes children can also have latent ear infections, etc. that really affect their mood, etc. (this has happened to me just this year)

Take heart, mommies like me are dealing with their toddlers, too!
    hilbilimac

Answer by hilbilimac at 10:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Try this... http://www.brilliantdreams.com/dream-dictionary/dream-dictionary-a.htm
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Do you believe in God? Because you need to dedicate your little girl back to the Lord take her to your church if you don't have one take it to your moms church .. im not trying to scare you but its sounds to me like the devil is out to get you and your family... That's what I get out of it... God bless

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Best dream interpretation book I have seen is In Your Dreams by Gayle Delaney.

I used to have dreams when someone I knew was pregnant... I would know when they were within 24 hours of delivery because I would dream that the youngest child closest to them died. Don't know why... pretty freaky, but not bad.

Three year-olds... I believe in the terrible threes, not twos.

My interpretation is testing her limits and needing boundaries - this is what makes children feel secure. Make sure you don't give in to the toddler tyrant - she needs for you not to.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Dreams are psychological randomness.

They're nothing to do with the "devil."
    Anonymous

wow.. just wow.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I think when people say wait till you see those terrible twos or threes you need to rebuke that in Jesus name that is nothing but a curse . The bible says live and death is in the power of the tongue so speak life good things not bad

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I hate that word rebuke....ewww sounds nasty
    Anonymous

• Hinson dreams are something we can't control. How can people sleep when they are worried about the devil coming after them ? Good grief.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• im just saying if you dont have God in your life anything can happen and thats the truth...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009