Does green tea actually help you lose weight?

PookieMama13

Asked by PookieMama13 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• mostly it makes me pee like a race horse!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I know it helps decrease my appetite - I make it hot with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey - tastes really good, and one day I got dizzy when i stood up and realized I hadn't eaten anything in over 24 hours! i drink it 3 times a day, half hour before each meal. I also cut out meat for four days of the week and walk half hour each day, I lost ten pounds since Saturday.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would think so, if you are using it to subsititue other drinks such as soda. But that wouldn't be down to the tea as such, just that you are cutting the other rubbish drinks out.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• water weight only. Be careful though.......too much peeing can also make your electrolytes wonky. Good for short term or cleansing but not a permanent solution.
    belladonna777

Answer by belladonna777 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• First of all you have to get a GOOD green tea, they're not all the same. Please, for the love of bob, avoid Lipton :) Yes, it's an excellent weight loss tool, it helps remove impurities from your body. You'll know if you've gotten a great tea if you start having some belly cramping, your body is trying to get rid of nastiness.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2009