Would you be mad at your child if...

Would you be angry with your child if they took a test and got an F on it but they studied REALLY REALLY hard and failed anyway and ended up failing that class too?

my parents always got mad at me when i couldnt pass a certain class...it wasnt the fact that i HATED the class...i just couldnt pass, no matter how hard i tried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no i would not but i would find out what was wrong and try to help anyway i could
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i was like that in math, even in college when I was grown up enough to know I needed to do better.

My dh (who is a math teacher lol) would tutor me endlessly, and I would still fail it.

This depends on how you see your child, did they just pretend to study and fail or did they REALLY study and still fail.

If they really studied and failed then you need to be thinking about finding them help. It may be a learning disability like mine for math, dyscalculia. A real learning disability.

I wish I would have known earlier and my parents would have realized, I spent many a day punished for bad grades, when I really was trying hard.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My son gets an f here and there but i don't get mad it happens and i wouldn't want him to stress over it more if i got after him we just try harder next time
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:31 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i was in a special class for 10 years because i needed help learning the way other people learned..its because of my A.D.D.
    Anonymous

• No, I wouldn't be mad at my son. I've suffered from this problem in math all of my life. I can never pass it and I'm worried it will keep me from ever achieving anything :-( I could relate.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:36 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• F's are not acceptable in my house.
    jennileigh79

Answer by jennileigh79 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No, I wouldn't. As long as he tried his best, I wouldn't be mad. Upset maybe but not mad. He can't be perfect at everything. I was like that in Math, no matter how much I studied or how much help I had, I just didn't get Algebra or Geometry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Goodness no! I would never ever be mad at any of my children for trying their best at anything they do! Even if they received the worst outcome possible.
    If my child received a failing grade for a test they studied hard for then I would look into why that happened. I would sit down with the teacher and look at the test to find out how my child answered the questions. Everyone tests differently and may need tutoring to learn how to test other ways.
    I know my child would feel bad enough as it is for doing so poorly at something they worked so hard for - as her mother, I would comfort her, boost her spirit, and tell her that we will figure out how to make it better for the next test.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009