2.5 yr old shoots mouth off in public.......

My 2.5 year old in the middle of the grocery store , she was tired and rambuncious, shouts dont hurt me dont hurt me after my husband told her no after she slapped him. we dont even spank,(a couple of times there has been 1 swat to the hiney), we dont believe in it. so what do you do if your child says something like that in public? we just told her not to be saying that someone hurt her when no one has.

hypersquirrel

Asked by hypersquirrel at 10:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 2½ year old also who when she is getting in trouble will go after her 13 mo old little brother, yelling @ him. We do time outs and it only works ½ the time. If you find a solution let me know.
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 11:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ignore it. she does it because it gets a reaction. it is like cussing, my 4 year old did it when he was little. and he would beat his head on the wall or floor because it freaked me out. when he would do it i would put him in the pack n play in the middle of the room and walk out so he couldn't hit his head on anything but mesh.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009