My daughter says that when she pulls down her underwear she "smells different". She's not in any pain... could this be because she's getting discharge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• By the way she's 12, and almsot 13.
    Anonymous

• No clue. Ask her doctor.
    Anonymous

• My daughter mentioned that recently. Mine is getting discharge and getting ready to start her period. She is nine. :( But I would think your daughter would know...
    Anonymous

• She could have a yeast infection. Take her to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Has she started her period yet? She may be getting ready too Grown women get more discharge when the ovulate, I would keep my eye out for it in the next week or 2. And maybe have atalk with her abou tit may be coming also. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• my sister had this when she was like 8 and a half and then right before her 9th birthday she started her period! my mother took her to the dr and they said it was from ovulating, i also have discharge when i'm ovulating so maybe she's about to start her period if she hasn't already!!!! 12-13 is a decent period age, i've known girls as young as 8 start theirs! but then again if you have changed detergent or soaps it could also be a yeast infection from that, or some other type of infection...... if i change soap or detergents i get infections a little worse than a yeast but similar i dont member what they are called its been forever since i had one (thank god)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Ummm... maybe she is getting turned on for the first time. You know that you smell different just before sex because your body is getting turned on and creating lubrication and stuff. Not saying she is have sex just saying maybe she is have those feelings for the first time and she doesn't know what it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• We just changed detergent and also bought new underwear.... but of course we washed it although that was in the new detergent. She's in no pain, just getting yellow-white discharge and no she hasn't started her period yet. I don't think it's an infection because nothing hurts.
    Anonymous