Food Tampering

Are you afraid to complain while you are out at a restaurant??? I'm so scared ever since I watched those WAITING movies...UGH When I eat out I will not complain, if I don't like it, I will just pay for it anyway and not eat it...

pamelajqs

Asked by pamelajqs at 11:13 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I worked fast food dor years and the only ones I thought about messing with were the ones who came up cursing and yelling. I never actually did anything to anyone's food though. And there are certain things I can't eat, so, yeah, if it's wrong, i will say something, but I do it in a nice manner. I try not to yell. However, once I went into the local McDonalds and they screwed the sandwich up 4 times, so by the 5th sandwich, i was a little steamed.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I work food service, as did my husband for many years. I have never once, nor have I ever seen or heard tell of someone tampering with someone's food. I have thought about it, but never actually done it. I am usually not too picky so I don't have that problem, but occasionally, I will send something back. If you aren't a heinous bitch, we don't even consider it. You have to be really bad for most food service employees to even think about it! LOL.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No, I am not afraid, I just make sure I do it respetfully. It isn't the servers fault. Everyone makes mistakes and if it is super busy they can happen more.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I dont know..I just watched a youtube video circulating about some Domino's worker who was doing all sorts of nasty things to the food. Needless to say, I will never order from there again after seeing that.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:33 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I am normally a forgiving patron when I visit a restaurant, but if I ordered something a specific way due to a food allergy or utter dislike, such as no bleu cheese on my salad because it makes me yak, then I will be extremely polite to my wait person and let them know that a mistake has been made with my order.
    I always get a positive response and I always leave a generous tip for positive service and I make it a habit to say hello to them when I return to the establishment.
    I will never, ever be rude to a wait person, even if they are rude themselves. I just ask to speak to their manager before I leave or I call the customer service number on the receipt to let them know of my displeasure if it is over the line.
    But a pleasant attitude, a smile, and compassion go a long way with receiving excellent service.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009