What Should I Do? To Work or Not To Work

I had quit work to go back to school. I started school in August, got married in September and found out I was pregnant in January. I had a really tough pregnancy for the first, like, 14 weeks or so. I wasn't able to go back to school due to some problem with getting my transcripts transferred from my first try at college. We aren't really struggling or anything, but I've really been wanting to get back into work. I'm not really the SAHM mom. We do have 4 year old twins, but I was gonna put them in daycare while I worked.

I've been offered an interview for an online gaming company as a customer service rep. As far as I can tell, the hours are Mon-Fri 9-5. I don't know if I should take it or not, simply because I will have to have an appointment every month for the OB. Should I tell them I'm pregnant? I'm due in September. After I have the baby, I want to go back to work, but work, like, part time or something like.

sebanasmommy

Asked by sebanasmommy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• i think you tell them your prego.... and let them know that when the time comes for me to have the baby i will have to leave but i do want to come back to work for you... or if you don't think they will hire you if you tell them don't tell them until you really show and they can't legally fire you just cause your having a baby....by the way congrats!!!
    cindythemom

Answer by cindythemom at 11:20 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Job offers are rare in this economy. I'd take it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Maybe you could work at home, not have to go anywhere.
    Look this up its cool. www.lisamangone.fourpointwellness.com
    lisa359

Answer by lisa359 at 4:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree, job offers are rare so if you are looking to work outside your home, take it.
    If Your Looking To Work From Home, can I share with you what I do?
    Have you heard of Gold Canyon? Each month GC offers a different incentive to those looking into signing up. This month you can sign up with Gold Canyon for the cost of shipping your kit, $10 . If you are interested then PM me and I can send you some information along with a tealight sample. I can also be reached via email at rmcorns@gmail.com
    Have a look at my web site to view the products. I love this company, support, incentives, web site and your customers receive a monthly e-newsletter (small cost but had paid for itself over and over), weekley newsletters from corporate (GC is based out of Chandler, AZ) to help you promote your business.
    I would love to help you get started :)

God Bless,
    Marianne
    www.mygc.com/mariannecorns

Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I simply have one thing in my mind all the time. " When I wake up Monday morning" am I excited about the day? I have been working all my life - I am 47 going on 35! I hear the economy sucks, so to speak, our economy here in TX isn't so bad. I still wrk for a compny I can't stand. 11 yrs & virtually nothing. I do believe now in doing what U want to do. If you do not HAVE to work but want to do something, do something you would love. Even though the economy is bad in places, do you know that more people that work something they love will come out far financially ahead when it is all over!
    I, myself started in a direct sales business lst yr when the economy was falling & we have boomed! We have more consultants making more money than any other out there. I love it. I am almost where I want to be to quit my f/t. My biz is SCENTSY www.scentsy.com/6401. We just added over 2,000 new consultants in March. DO SOMETHING FR U!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009