Help!!! Flea infestation

Does anybody have any natural, non-toxic remedies to get rid of fleas in your house. I think they are outside and my dog keeps bringing them in. My poor 20 month old daughter has flea bites on her legs, me too. I'm going to get spray for outside but I need some recommendations for inside. Thank you so much.

madelines_mom

Asked by madelines_mom at 11:27 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Vinegar!
    Anonymous

• Sprinkle salt on your carpets and rugs - it drives them out.. Let it sit for a few days then vacuum.
    Anonymous

• sorry...dries not drives
    Anonymous

• Don't forget to treat your dog.

Anonymous

• Ohio State University did a study and they found that your sweeper will kill them just as well as harsh chemicals! They suggest sweeping your carpet, especially under the edges of furniture and sweeping your furniture. The sweeper tears off the "skin" or protective coating of the flea and they die! So sweep a lot!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 11:41 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• wash your carpets with Dawn dishsoap... that helped when i had encountered a flea problem. :)
    timandisaacsmom

Answer by timandisaacsmom at 12:26 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• well first your going to have to get some flea meds for your dog. Or what ever you don't won't last. And some dish soap normally works on carpets and furniture. But you have to get the flea meds for your dog first.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Borax works or straight boric acid. In fact there is a company in Florida that has made a mint with their once a year flea treatment for homes, which is nothing more than boric acid. You sprinkly the borax on your carpet, then sweep into the carpet with a broom and vacuum. It is non toxic, but when putting out the boric acid use a mask because you don't want to breathe it and you do stir up some dust, just a little. Once you vacuum then there are no worries and you will not have a flea problem for a long time. I have been using this for 15 years and do not have a flea problem.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 7:51 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• From personal experience one summer, the only thing that worked for us was to have someone come in & spray our house. Not a natural approach obviously, but it was the only way that we could get rid of them. I tried Borax, flea sprays and powders, sweeping, etc., but nothing worked. We finally had to break down & have a professional come in. We also went to the vet and bought Frontline Plus for our dog and cat. We haven't had a problem since; thank God.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 18, 2009