Water and natural births??

Im very interested to hear if anyone has had a water birth or a natural birth. I watched a video of a water birth and it sems ike something worth trying. Anyone been there before?

BabyMama909

Asked by BabyMama909 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may want to join the Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth group. We've had lots of waterbirthers and homebirthers in there. It would be a good place to start for information. =) I haven't had the pleasure of doing one yet (just attending them as a Doula) but I plan to have one (water/home birth) whenever I am pregnant again.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:33 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i havent had one but will soon due in may, i'm also vbac. but you can check out the website waterbirths.org
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I had a natural VBAC. It was amazing! I labored in water for about 3-4 hours and it was the most comfortable and relaxing thing for my contractions. Unfortunately, when I got to the hospital I was too far along for them to let me get back in the tub they had there (damn it), but I did the rest of it med & intervention free.

Next time I plan on doing a homebirth.

I say go for it! I had an unforgettable and wonderful experience and can't wait to do it again!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Never got the pleasure of waterbirth (said to be the midwive's epidural) but I've had 2 natural births after my first epidural birth and they were totally awesome. I wanted to do it all over again as soon as I was done. It's painful but manageable and you feel so high after you have your baby. If you have a chance to birth in water, take it.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 4:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I had 2 natural births, but did not get to deliver in the water. I did however labor in the shower at the hospital for the first and labored in teh hot tub at home with the second. The warm water was wonderful for the labor pains.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009