Does it hurt when the baby kicks during pregnancy.

when the baby kicks it hurts a little its not very bad,
but im trying to find out if its normal??

Juhhmell

Asked by Juhhmell at 11:34 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It can be very uncomfortable, depending on how the baby is positioned... but it is an amazing kind of hurt, never bothered me!! I loved those kicks to the bladder. LOL
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:37 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The best part is when you are further along and you can actually see the baby's hand poking out, or the shape of their little foot!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• sometimes yes- sometimes no. with my 1st child, I would have sworn I had broken ribs...LOL. I was in so much pain from his kicking. my other two were 'normal kicking' I guess
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• yes its somewhat painful :(
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:06 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• no it dont hurt i was happy when they kicked cause then i knew that they was ok
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It can, especially if they are laying in an area that has already been stretched out by their positioning. My middle baby took my breath with some of his kick placement and you could count all his toes when he stretched out real good ...
    singedwingangel

Answer by singedwingangel at 12:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• With my DS I actually got a bruise on the side of my stomach from him. The doctor was shocked, and I had people tell me it was impossible (until they saw it, and later the U/S shown where and how he did it.) The only comfort it brought, was that he was still alive. This pregnancy is a little more harsh, but not isolated to one spot. Yes, it can have some pain to it... I'm just glad he's alive too. I'd take pain for an alive baby any day.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 12:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009