Do you think 'large' people should pay extra on airplanes?

Recently, United Airlines stated that if a flight is at capacity, then "large" people who do not adequately fit into one seat will have to get off the plane and buy a second ticket to accommodate their size for the next flight available.

Do you think this is right? Some people are arguing that it is discrimination.

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 11:38 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is very very uncomfortable, when I pay for a seat, and half to share half of it with somebody!!! So I agree on the issue. Planes are uncomfortable regardless, so that would make it a little bit better. ****Hoping not to offend anybody, JMHO****
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:40 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Oh, here we go. Leave fat people alone. We get enough flack IRL!
    Anonymous

• Heavy people should pay a weight surcharge too! just like my luggage that is over the standard limit!!! what's the difference?
    Anonymous

• What does IRL mean?
    Anonymous

• If you take up two seats, why should you only pay for one?
    Anonymous

• Only if they take up two seats, because they are taking two seats. But my kid only takes up half the seat, so can I only pay half of his????
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Airlines round up. If you take half a seat it is one ticket. If you take 1 1/4, 1 1/2 and so forth, two tickets...................
    Anonymous

• Just make the seats larger on the new planes as they gradually replace the older ones. I'm not fat, but even I would appreciate a little "wiggle room" in an airplane seat. For what it costs to fly, they should at least have comfortable seats.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:58 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• IRL means In Real Life....I think.

and as for "leave fat people alone" This question wasn't intended to bash "fat" people. sorry for your flack IRL.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:59 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Oh, it so was and you know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009