I wanna know why it matters...I'm just curious

If a person receiving food stamps gets let's say $150 a month for food, if the tax payers are going to "pay" for that $150 anyway, why do those tax payers care what the food stamp receievers spend that $150 on? It's doesn't cost the tax payer any more if they buy $150 worth of fruit than it does if they buy a $150 worth of chocolate. If they waste their food stamps on crap and can't afford to eat healthy that's their problem, not the tax payers. So what's the big deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't care. I don't care if you eat or not, really. Not my business. You want to waste your foodstamps on crap, by all means go ahead. All I ask is that you stay on your side of the tracks if you're going to run your mouth to me about what kind of car I'm driving or what brand clothes I am wearing and how many hungry people I could have fed instead of spending MY money on myself. Frankly, what I spend my money on isn't any of your business either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Oh please, let's not do this tonite...you are just gonna get the same responses as every other person who has posted this same question. It matters because we care what OUR money goes to. Even it is not OUR family who is spending it!!!
    Anonymous

• Because all of these self righteous women on here think they should have a say in what everyone does.
    Anonymous

• It shouldn't be a big deal. But like many aspects of life, some people don't know how to mind their own business and worry about their own family.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Because that money was purposely set aside for a specific thing. It's like taking out a loan to help a friend and that friend throws that money away buy gambling. Is the money gone? Yes. Was that money supposed to go to the friend to help them out? Yes. Did it serve it's purpose? No. No wonder our economy is in ruins. When even people on main street take advantage of other people trying to help them out.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• It really doesn't matter, the money is gonna go to the programs that it goes to regardless. That''s why I usually do not answer questions pertaining to ebt cards and whatnot!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:50 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• But it's not affecting YOU and that money was going to be spent ANYWAY so WHY DOES IT MATTER?
    Anonymous

• I wish I could get food stamps to support my chocolate habit! But I choose to spend my hard earned cash on food that my children need!

Anonymous

• Don't abuse the system, deary!
    Anonymous

• I don't really care what you spend your food stamps on. I know you can't use them at the deli or bakery at a grocery store, so if you want to buy all chocolate, go for it dude!
    Anonymous