I am having sharp pains in my tummy is this normal during pregnancy im only 3 weeks? no bleeding just some sharp pains?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure how terrible the pains are for you but i had some shooting pains in that general area and since I'm small to begin with, my midwife told me it was ligaments being stretched. However, that early on is questionable. I'd get checked out just to be safe!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 1:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Call your obgyn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Id call just to make sure. But I had them in the lower sides of my stomach and went to the dr and they said it was just my insides moving around making room for the baby to grow. But just have it checked incase! Congrats!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I dont have an obgyn i have to get a medical card first and havent got one yet so cant

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes call your obgyn...are you having them in your abdomen or your tummy area? If you are having them in your abdomen area its a little concerning...if its in your tummy you might have a tummy bug..either way you need to let your obgyn know so she/he can help you feel better.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I didn't have any types of pains until the end. Call you OB
    Anonymous

• You can go to an ER... your medical card will cover up to 3 months prior to your being accepted. They can check you out there though, just to be safe. Good Luck
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 12:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• go the the doctor to get checked.. but it is perhaps just round ligament pain.
    vegasgoddess

Answer by vegasgoddess at 12:26 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• It could be a lot of things. I would definitely call your OB pronto!
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I agree wit everyone else.. go to the ER. I had sharp pains too then i started bleeding went to the ER i didnt have a job or insurance and yah u have up to 3 months to get your er bill to give to medicaid etc. go asap even if the pain stops you never know. I ignored my pain and i was pregant and look what happened.. i was going to be a 1st time mom and i miscarried :(
    and for me its was very painful worse man having pms cramps.. so go get checked out hun..
    MOMMY2BE0786

Answer by MOMMY2BE0786 at 2:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009