when do I start ordering his own meal?

Every time I go out and we eat, rather it's fast food(highly unlikely) or a restaurant my son always eats everyone's food to the point we barely get any lol...is it time to start ordering him a kids meal? He's 15months it just seems too soon :(

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he is eating everyone else's food, it is time to start ordering something for him only in smaller proportions.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my daughter is 3, i don't actually order her the meals at restaurants b/c she isn't a big meat eater, i get her a few sides, fries, fruit cup, side salad that kind of thing. but ya if hes eating your food its time to order him his own.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:39 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• try odering a side dish if stuff from the kids menu is too big.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• My dd is 14 months and we order her her own meal. Otherwise I don't eat because she eats almost all my food.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• get him is own try gettin him something small like a side or if they have a kids menu with something small on it get him that hes ready for his own
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 1:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I like the suggestion of ordering sides. We started ordering his own meal for our son around the same age as yours. However, about 6 months later his appetite started dropping off (typical for toddlers) and it became a waste.. We almost always end up taking it home. Don't be surprised if you find yourself doing the same thing in a few months!
    Anonymous