Why am I so...whatever I am, its not scared but grrrr idk

Im expecting my first child the 21st of this month and Im tired of being pregnant and Im excited about having a baby so why am I delaying it so much. Im not really scared of the pain, or the life changes or anything like that but everytime somebody mentions going to the hospital or being induced Im always like "no thats okay." I know the longer I wait he is just gonna weigh more. Im having him natural (with an epidural) of course and I know he has to come sooner or later so what am I still waiting on? Will I always be like this till he gets here? Whats my deal? Can't I just get this like motherly courage and be nothing but excited and want to have him?

MalakiahsMommy

Asked by MalakiahsMommy at 12:57 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was almost 10 days past my due date i cried and thought i was going to be in the guiness book of world records for being the most pregnant woman ever, we all go through something, you will be fine and it will happen before you know it, just enojy it while it lasts, its a ride put your hands up and just go with it
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 1:01 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• you are putting it off b/c you are scared. everyone is before they have a their first baby. you've heard all your life how painful childbirth is. and how many times did your mom or dad say just wait til you have your own kids, like they were putting a little curse on you? we all think we are totally prepared then it gets time and we freak. i know i sure as hell did. i brought my daughter home and didn't want to pick her up b/c i thought she would break. as soon as you go into labor you won't be afraid of that part anymore. and as soon as you see your baby, you will slowly start to figure out where you belong on the mother scale for different things. and you will get it, and you will at some point in time get over the fear (my dd is 3 now, i still fear about how i am doing as a mother and i've heard that never goes away) but it won't be on the front of your mind. so just breath and try to remain calm, thats the only way to last
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first I think I was in shock the entire time. I was going to be a single mom and of course I was happy about it but didn't feel like I was excited enough. If this pregnancy was unplanned it could possibly be that you are in shock like I was but once you deliver everything changes. You will fall in love with the baby because he/she is a piece of you and your life is going to change for the best. Don't worry anymore when the time comes you will be thrilled. GL
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:53 AM on Apr. 17, 2009