Why???

Why do women act like its the end of the world if it take them longer than just a few months to get pregnant? Some people try years with no luck, and I dont see or hear them complaining. So why is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I dunno. its kinda of weird, I would think that they just need to be patient. Now if it had been years of trying and no luck then it would make sense. Maybe I wouldn't understand because I got pregnant on my honeymoon and we were definitely NOT trying.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 12:15 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• ETA: I meant is like one of those things like they lose hope, or think oh? im going to be one of those women who cant or what. What exactly goes through your mind
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Hubby and I have been trying for 2 years with no luck and I wonder that everyday. There is a girl in a group I am in complaining because they have been trying for a month(just one) and she is oh so upset because her test was negative. I have been through that for quite a while and it still annoys me but I don't go and whine about it. Things take time. When we first started, I admit, I was like that. I know it gets old fast and optimism isn't always available but you just have to slap on a smile and take it.
    Hope this answers your question!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• some ppl are more excited than others
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 6:00 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Op here. I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been trying for a little over four years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• DH and I have been trying for almost six months now..and i guess whether it has only been a couple of moths or a couple of years....trying to attain that goal and not being able to is frustrating to everyone. Especially when you want something so bad. Baby dust to all.!!!
    Anonymous

• Sorry didn't think i checked the anon box

DH and I have been trying for almost six months now..and i guess whether it has only been a couple of moths or a couple of years....trying to attain that goal and not being able to is frustrating to everyone. Especially when you want something so bad. Baby dust to all.!!!
    blrusso

Answer by blrusso at 2:52 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well my husband and I have been ttc baby #2 for 9 months and to some of us it seems like years. Not to mention the whole time we tried was for nothing cause I have PCOS and I never even ovulated that whole time. Thats very frusterating to some people, so you it just depends on the circumstances.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think a lot of it is being brought up, being taught that you could get pregnant so much as looking at a boy. You'd always see your friends getting pregnant on "accident" and now all the sudden you're in a reality that you weren't expecting.
    cryskjold

Answer by cryskjold at 4:40 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• i was much more upset than i thought i would be when we started trying. it only took three months, but i kept saying... "i don't know how women who have tried for years, do it"
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 4:26 PM on Apr. 18, 2009