How long is the incubation period for Chicken Pox?

Some idiot brought their kid to my friend's daycare with chicken pox, my 9 month olds were over there the day it happened, 3 days ago. They don't appear to have pox but I don't remember how long it takes to show up.

anna_ny

Asked by anna_ny at 1:02 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• If they are vaccinated they should be ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The incubation period is 2 weeks from the time of onset, the child is still contagious until all pox are crusted over, which is about 2 weeks. It must be reported to the health dept. The vaccine would not stop a child from getting chicken pox, only making it a less severe case.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:40 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• And please do keep in mind....the vaccines wear off after 10 years and the child should have a booster shot. Didn't know this (my daughter got the shot when they first came out), so she ended up with the chicken pox 10 years later anyway.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 2:00 PM on Apr. 17, 2009