How could I possibly tell my parents I might be pregnant?

Well, my mom was born into a catholic family and married my dad whose side was presbyterian so she started going to his family's church and concieved me in 1992. So I still live with my parents and I'm only 16. I spent a night with my boyfriend and I didn't mean for it to go that far. Everyone says that, I know, and I'm regretting it now. That was only a week or two ago, and I'm already nauseated, PMS'ing all the time, and I've missed my first period.... I don't know what to do. My boyfriend already has 1 kid which he pays over the set payment of child support for his little girl because he makes a lot of money at John Deer, and says he thinks we should keep it if I am pregnant. I don't know what my parents would have to say... I'm fearing even telling them when I find out if I'm pregnant or not... I don't know what to do, and I'm scared. I don't think I could tell my parents... It would disappoint them.. What should I do?

Uncool

Asked by Uncool at 1:03 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take the test! Then worry about the rest.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:04 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• you dont, you just one day come home with a baby LOL.... i actually know a girl who did this, hid her pregnancy for the whole 9 months and her parents didnt know until the hospital called them to pick her up!!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• yeah take the test and see if you are... Then you need to tell your parents you dont know they might be there for you dont hide it. It will make things worse.. I just hope your boyfriend stays with you during this all.. Please please send me a message and keep me updated ok im here to help and pray and ask God to help you...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I was 18 when that happened to me, but it was the scariest moment that i've gone through (well, one of them i should say)
    but we went and got a test together, and it was positive. . .and she supported me the whole way. yea, its hard because your young, but whatever happens, it will be ok. :-) just know that you will have support whether its your family, or the gals on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Yes take the test but I think since you missed your period you probably are pregnant. But you know what? As a Christian parent who was celibate with my husband til we got married, I would want my daughter to come to me. I wouldn't want her sick with worry about how I might react. I'd want to dive in asap and help her with everything I possibly could. Your parents love you and they know that having a child this early isn't the very best for you, but they won't love you any less. Go ahead and talk to whichever parent you feel most comfortable with. I wish the best for you.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:08 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I don't think you should be worrying about any of this until you take the test and know for sure. Just because you missed a period doesn't mean you are pregnant...there are other reasons for that as well. Take the test and then if you are pregnant...the best advice I can give you is to just tell your parents and get it over with. I am 21 and got pregnant on accident and my parents are very very strict and religious as well...I freaked out and waited almost 2 months before telling them. They obviously were upset at first but they did not freak out as bad as I thought and now my mom is actually excited. But you will feel 10 times better once you tell them...trust me. Saying it is the hardest part.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Well, breathe in and out a few long breaths. Then take the test. Depending on the result, you might ask yourself if you want a baby at this time in your life (abortion/keeping it, whatever). I was 16 when I took my first test and loved my boyfriend who I still talk to, we are both married today to different and wonderful people. From that point, if you keep the baby you must share this info with your folks. Parents rarely turn their back on their kids but they can be disappointed. Hang in there and really decide what you want. Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• TAKE A TEST FIRST DUMMY! quit haven sex, ur 16! cant support a kid, ur parents will raise it. Not only that but if there catholic they wont b to pissed. they SHOULD b forgiving. Hopefully your NOT I will pray for u. BUT WHY ARE U on this site if u dont have a kid? Take a test THEN stress about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I got preg at 16, I got two jobs and my own house an car and today is my 4 yr anniversary with my babies father. I did what I had to do, there is no questioning it, if you keep it, just do whatever it takes to give it everything it needs and wants. I have a 3 yr old babygirl now and an 18month old son, both UNplanned and had BOTH on birthcontrol and my second on Birthcontrol shot AND condoms. They must have been meant to be. They turned my life around for the better and I thank God everyday for them. Goodluck.
    yannaboozmommi

Answer by yannaboozmommi at 1:30 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Aliciatron, was your friend 400 lbs or something? i dont see how you can hide a pregnancy for a whole nine months thats just ridiculous and anon 1:28 no need to be so harsh, shes 16 and scared to death!!
    Sweety, you're gonna have to tell your parents yes they may be disappointed in you but they are not going to shut you out and after the shock is over they will be excited, like everyone is saying take a test first even if its just a pee test they are usually just as accurate (at least mine was) but the only way to tell them is to tell them. when I found out I was pregnant (im 20) I was scared my family would be disappointed also, so here is what I said, "you're probably gonna be disappointed in me but im pregnant" that whole disappointed part will get them prepared a little bit, and there are always options like adoption if nothing else. but dont worry your family will support you through whatever
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:51 AM on Apr. 17, 2009