bedwetter

I have a bedwetting child. He recently started wetting the bed. His cousin is coming to stay with us for a weekend. They ALWAYS sleep in the same bed together. They are both boys (9 and 11) and they just have always shared a bed when they have sleepovers. Its a cute thing of theirs. Now that he has started bedwetting, should they still sleep in the same bed together? He wants to keep his problem from his "cool older cousin" so I got him the boxer-style goodnites but even with those, think they can still sleep in the same bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I wouldnt let them sleep in the same bed cause you dont want your son being imbarresed if he wets the bed. Take it from me, I wet the bed till I was 11! It ran in my family for some reason, my uncle was the same way but he did it till he was 12. When I would go over for sleepovers my mom would by me pampers instead of those big old diapers that make allot of noise when you move around, this way my friends didnt know about it. When I was at home my mom would wake me up every night to go potty and she would run the sink water for me so that I could go teetee as she would call it lol. Once my step sister was over for the weekend and we slept in the same bed and I wet it so I went to get my mom and she tried not to let my step sister know but she ended up waking up so that was very imbarresing, so I would definatly have one on the bed and one on the floor or how ever you want to do it. Just say there big boys now and sleep seperat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I ment to say my mom would by me pull ups instead of pampers. And I guess you could let them sleep in the same bed if he has a diaper on but maybe you should wake him up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night so he doesnt leak though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I would wake up in the middle of the night a couple times and get my daughter out of bed to go to the potty. I had to do that for about a month untill she got used to doing it herself. All kids work on a schedule and if you get them used to it they usually start waking up themselves to go to the potty. It sounds sad to have to wake them up and drag them to the toilet but thats all we can do to get them going on there own. try it for a bit and see how it works. make sure not to give him any fluids 2 hours before bedtime that could help to. GL
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:59 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Why has he RECENTLY started wetting the bed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• At this age, something might be bothering him. You could have him do Kegel exercises.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 2:36 AM on Apr. 19, 2009