• In the Spotlight:

mirena

ok so i have a tilted cervix. my doc said that he was surprised it wasnt hard for me to get pregnant because of how it is. so anyhow, i got the mirena and since then, its easier for me to orgasm, and its great. it also hurts if its not in right, if that makes since, and i spot when its like that. anyone here have the same problem? i still check it during my monthly, and its still in place. but its like he has to put it in right and ive never noticed it before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Health

• Is it the strings poking you? I have really sensitive skin especially down there and I notice the strings poking me once in awhile. I just push the back up around my cervix.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:23 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I should add that for about the first eight months I would sometimes have light spotting after sex.
    But not anymore, I have had it just over a year.
    I love mine!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:25 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• no the strings kinda stay there, they dont irritate me anymore its like my cervix flips during ovulation or something. bc its not really during my period. my actual cervix is tilted like you hold a football, off to the side sorta thing. i dont remeber this affecting me like this, its more uncomfortable than painful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• do you still have an actual period? mine have lightened up some. but i still spot alittle.its been 7 months. and a week or so after they put it in, i had them cut the strings a little more than they did bc it was so irritating!!! it felt like i had a tampon on that wasnt inserted right, like when i was learning how to put them in. but they FINALLY softened up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I like the benefits of this being the only BC that I have not gotten pregnant on. However, I have extreme mentrual problems because of it. I will have my period for like 4 days, then not for 2, then have it again for 2 more days, then off for 6 days, back on for 3 days, ect. Its literally a pain in the ass. But I can't afford another baby, so I have to do what I have to do....sigh
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 17, 2009