moses wife was black?

i was in my history class today and this was a brief topic of discussion. can someone tell me the bible verse saying that she was from ethiopia. im not contesting nor saying i believe this until i read it for myself. if anyone knows the verse, i'd really appreciate it. i know its not in exodus. my professor mentioned the verse but i didnt write it down in time. thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Apr. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "And Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman" (Num. 12.1).
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Numbers 12:1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. (King James Version) You can go to Bible.com and look it up in several other translations.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:22 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• thank you! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• your welcome
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• your welcome, also
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:29 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• I think its interesting when people are shocked that Bible characters came from African countries. Is this something people really don't realize? Not trying to be mean...I'm really curious. Do you really think all the pics of white people are realistic?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:37 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• my bible says "Cushite" not ethopian.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:42 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Are there any mexicans in the bible? lol j/k
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:45 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• history has definitely omitted a lot of contributions from black people. its healthy to have a little skepticism regarding our histories. its never 100% accurate. and even when the right information is given, we filter out what we dont like or what we dont think is important. moses wife's ethic identity should be common knowledge for all christians, but unfortunately its not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Does it make a difference now that you know her ethic background. I'm not trying to be mean but you sound shocked to hear that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Apr. 17, 2009